Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Top Ten Tuesdays: What are we not recalling? (Part I)

I wound up writing two different lists on today's topic, so I'm posting my double-album version of Brando Comes Alive.


10) How we let the Brothers Grimm write our battle reports.

9) Something about checks and...what’s the other word again?

8) That a woman’s womb is located inside her body.

7) Troops from Iraq (ever).

6) That the last time we talked with Iran about missiles, it was to get their billing information.

5) The chapter from history class about using poll taxes, tests, and registrations to keep certain people from voting.

4) Giving a big bonus to someone just for licking our comb.

3) That “carne asada burrito” is Spanish for “you’re going to have to spare more than a square.”

2) How to broker peace between two groups of closely related people who want to blow each other off the face of the earth.

1) How to answer the clue phone when it’s ringing off the hook.

11 comments:

Chuckles said...

11. Any conversation on Thursday night with AG. (Adorable Girlfriend) While I acknowledge that there must have been some sort of meeting, the exact nature of that meeting escapes me.

Anonymous said...

Chuckles, don't be a dork. It's not like we made out or anything. It's not like AG let you braid her hair. I.E. It wasn't your usual Thursday night with dEn and Raoul!!!

Noelle said...

Will anyone ever be able to think about Wolfowitz again without conjuring that ridiculous licked comb? I can't believe he's got a girlfriend and George Clooney doesn't.

BOSSY said...

OK - now you're getting too creative and it's putting the rest of us out of business. Please do something about that. (excellent tuesday!)

Brando said...

LOL, AG, that was a nice one.

Noelle, Wolfi will always be the comb guy. No rebranding could ever erase that image. It's like Gerald Ford hitting his head or Gary Hart on The Monkey Business -- accurate or not, that's how we remember them.

Bossy, your blog brings the funny every day. And you have pictures!

Anonymous said...

It's true that Bossy rocks each and every day and she has photos! Hence why AG voted for her in the blog awards!

Churlita said...

I love it when Brando Comes Alive.

I am terrified of our supreme court right now. That's all I can say.

Anonymous said...

This was too depressing and yet too funny to comment on... I was confused. I had to wait till Wednesday to let the Tuesday-ness of it all sink in. I'm still feeling a tad bipolar... shooting from the depths of disgusting to the high peaks of laughter. I'm not sure where the carne asada falls... And then there's Chuckles and AG and her braiding his back hair... and well, it's even too much for a Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

"It's not like AG let you braid her hair."

AG's on a roll this week with the funny remarks!

And LOL to Brando Comes Alive!

Hey, Brando! Throw me a frisbee!

:)

Anonymous said...

but george clooney gets to bang anyone he wants.

wolfowitz, not so much. hence the promotions and other perks and stuff.

Chuckles said...

My back hair remains sadly unbraided, uncombed through by fingers and finally, most depressingly, unsilver.