Monday, October 02, 2006

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

The very entertaining scruffylooking stopped by yesterday to visit TLB and I. SL lives down the block from us, and while TLB had met her earlier, I had not. I greeted her at the door, and we had that double moment where you're not only meeting someone you've talked to online, but have to decide what to call each other. (Dr. Srcuffylooking, I presume?) We settled on our Christian names. As I said to Blue Girl earlier this weekend, after we exchanged our real names in e-mail, it's a bit like learning Kramer's first name. You'll get used to it, but it will take a while.

Anyway, SL generously dropped off some treats, which we much appreciated, and I was very glad to finally make her acquaintence.

Her visit also reminded me of a funny post, especially in light of our recent difficulties, about her daughter's birthday party. As all the cool, popular bloggers say, just go read it.

2 comments:

scruffylooking said...

Thanks for the props. It was great to meet you too.

I hope you were able to find something you liked amongst the different forms of chocolate.

I wasn't sure if I should have called you Circle Jerk or Mr. Square Dance. Brando seemed to work, though.

Isn't that cute, we both linked to each other today?

Anonymous said...

Or you can be like Pinko who refuses to call AG by her alter ego name. AG's biggest fear: he calls her by her blog name at her wedding and then UC's family finally has the dirt they need to find RoD. It will be the shortest marriage e-vah!

Goddamit, Pinko. Just call AG by her real name.