Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, TLB!

The Lovely Becky is another year lovelier today. Libby already gave TLB her birthday gift, a wake-up call at 3 am this morning, because she just couldn't wait to start celebrating. Her publisher gave TLB her birthday gift by saying that her novel is ready to go and on its way toward being a book you can stick on your shelf/iPad. There are even people in foreign lands who want to give her the gift of translating her work into their own languages.

As for me...well, it becomes somewhat more difficult to give your spouse the perfect birthday gift as you spend more and more time together. It's harder to surprise them, because they know you so well and can pick up on your tells, like bouncing up and down and saying, "Wait til you see what I got you for your birthday!" And, frankly, it's harder to resist the impulse to just buy something for them during the year if you can afford it and they want it. So it's not easy for me to come up with something TLB will be very excited to receive.

That's when it hit me: Why not give her the gift of me? Say, in this pose. Minus the mustache, of course. How could she not swoon over that?

Plan B is to make dinner for her and let her sleep in as much as she wants on Saturday. Sadly, I suspect she'll be more excited about that.

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy B-day TLB!

Brando- if you're going to do the Cosmo centerfold, you need the stache... even if it's fake.

Also, I can't wait to read the book. I have just pre-ordered in honor of her b-day.

TLB said...

Um, ewww on the Burt Reynolds. Even when he was in his heyday he was sleazy.

You, on the other hand, are adorable. Thank you baby.

Vonnie said...

eyebleach eyebleach EYEBLEACH!!!

Vonnie said...

I need to get the book too!!!
Birthday Happy TLB!!!
** word verf just called you a pleephoo, I'm just sayin **

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Hipy Papy Bthdith Bithdithday, TLB.

I will be getting the book for my iPad. When I get one of those.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday, TLB!

And, frankly, it's harder to resist the impulse to just buy something for them during the year if you can afford it and they want it.

that's where we are Brando. although, the past few birthdays C has surprised me with tickets to a show, so that has been awesome. I, sadly, have continuously sucked vis a vis his b-day.

Kathleen said...

I'm telling Mandos, ZOmbie.

Hamish Mack said...

Happy Birthday Becky. Even from those of us in the upside downy world where it is Thursday already.

Hamish Mack said...

Truly capcha is fartamat. Not funny, ZRM

fish said...

Happy birthday TLB. Hey, if you are not using that Burt Reynolds, mind if I take him for a spin?

phool indeed.

Churlita said...

Brando, One time you told me it was safe to click on the links on your posts. Apparently, you lied to me. EW!!! Even though I've seen that pic many times before, it never ceases to gross me out.

Happy Birthday, TLB! Go for the sleeping in option.

fish said...

Didn't she like last year's present?

Brando said...

I love that Burt Reynolds photo. It takes a big pair to barely cover up your big pair while laying on a bear skin rug.

And we decided to go out for huge, greasy burgers yesterday, so it was a win-win for TLB-Brando International yesterday.

Kathleen said...

fartamat really made me laugh so hard.

Substance McGravitas said...

He was a hairy bear,
He was a scary bear,
We beat a hasty retreat from his lair.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Happerin (W.V.) B-Day, TLB!
~

Snag said...

Happy birthday, TLB. Speaking of Burt.

TLB said...

Thanks kids!

captcha is "potter." Suggestion?