Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Random Viking Metal

I'm a little late to the raiding party with this merry band of hirsute Swedes, but I have been playing the Frigga out of this the last couple of weeks.



Blast beats? Check.
Surprisingly catchy chorus? Check.
Reference to Ragnarok in said chorus? Check.
Synchronized hair twirling (see 3:30 mark)? Check.
Eye rolling from my wife? Check x2.

Unfortunately, I am swamped with work and lack time for a proper Random 11, but I think this will provide musical enjoyment (unlikely for most), unintentional comedy (much more likely), or an opportunity for mocking in comments (extremely likely).

Have a good weekend!

11 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

for symphonic metal, I am quite fond of Nightwish.

Zelmo mocks me for it, but he never comes around anymore, so eff him, emirate?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Surprisingly enough, I have played this youtuber meself a number of times.

;-)

Substance McGravitas said...

That one's been in the at-work library for a while now. They have a lot of 300 videos so they are officially good.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The best moment of the video was the "flaming shield of doom" starting at 3:05 or so.

Brando said...

Ha, agree BBB.

I found about them when TLB was working on The Countess, because the group Bathory is the first Viking Metal band. I bought this as a lark, but I'm pretty hooked.

Brando said...

Ha, agree BBB.

I found about them when TLB was working on The Countess, because the group Bathory is the first Viking Metal band. I bought this as a lark, but I'm pretty hooked.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

with ll the hair-whipping going on, I thought it might be Willow Smith.


Heh. J/K. i always like me some cookie monster vocals.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

TLB strikes me as a HUGE Norse death-metal fan.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

if eye rolling was audible, you would never be able to hear anything else at Chez Zomb.

Vonnie said...

I like it.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I came pretty close to dowloading that. Actually, my eMusic allowance reloads this week, so all bets are off.

So well played. Bastard. "no really, missus Zombie, eye rolling IS an aerobic exercise!"