Monday, November 05, 2007

I shoulda done the Alzheimer's joke

Featuring the worldwide Internet video debut of Brando!

Slate V announced the winners of their comedy contest and yours truly didn't make the top five. Oh well. I think the guy who did the Dali Lama piece should have won. That was a very clever joke.

I know these things are subjective, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I was pretty happy with the jokes I wrote, but in hinsight, I probably should have done the Alzheimer's joke. It was an easy joke to say, and it didn't require a long set up. And where was Nancy Grace with her reproductive set up when I needed her?

So here it is, the video of yours truly after 22 hours of taping.

A CJSD programming note: tomorrow is the ultrasound for The Lovely Becky, so the Top Ten may not happen, especially if we get bad news. And if it's good news I may be too drunk to write!

8 comments:

Snag said...

Good luck to you and Becky tomorrow. I hope things work out well and you end up happily drunk.

Kathleen said...

wishing for much happy drunkeness. you'll have to suck it up and drink for three Brando.

Anonymous said...

You were robbed!

Here's hoping the news you receive today makes you a million times happier.

Churlita said...

I'll have to wait until I get home to check out your video.

Here's wishing you a weeklong drunk fest.

fish said...

I would have voted for you.

I hope you are drinking tonight.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Sorry about the contest. But soon your life willbe filled with all the poop jokes you can eat!

Wait. I don't mean poop JOKES. I mean POOP.

So here's a link to John Corning, who does a song: You're Eating For Two Now (I'm drinking For Three)
http://www.wahasurfshop.com/waha.asp?territory=music&seq=1&subseq=

Chuckles said...

Good luck tomorrow, Brando. And again for TLB.

buy propecia online said...

Hi well make a joke is aright but the problem is if the joke hurt some feelings, cause a lot of people have any relatives with this problem.