10) No category for Lost fan fiction.
9) Liberal bias prevented committee from recognizing Liberal Bias.
8) Kidnapped judges in order to write investigative report on the kidnapping of Pulitzer judges.
7) Composition Flight of the Chocolate Skittles for Concerto and Barf Bag considered tasteless bordering on toxic.
6) Writing novel about taking eleven years to write a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel not the same as taking eleven years to write a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel.
5) Still fighting for academic acceptance of naughty limericks.
4) Apparently none of the dillweeds who gave a special music award to Bob Dylan have ever heard of a little band called Led Zeppelin.
3) Photograph series, “What Will You Do for Mardi Gras Beads?” deemed too hot for prize recognition, but can be yours for just $19.95 plus shipping and handling.
2) Committee didn’t like our LOLcat adaptation of Tennessee Williams, Im on Ur Hot Tin Roofz Watching Ur Family Disintegrate.
1) Our nomination in the snark category was not taken seriously.