It has been really fun to entertain all of you, from the folks who have found me over the years while searching for peanut looking chunks in my feces, to the new virtual friends who bloggrolled me, to the real-life friends who come here after I browbeat them into reading the blog. I sincerely thank everyone for reading, commenting, and (hopefully) laughing for the last 24 months.
There’s another incident that illustrates why I enjoy keeping this blog going. I was checking my Site Meter one day, as I do an average of 38.7 times per day. Someone had found the blog while searching for the term, “MILF Hunter.” (For those of you who don't know, that stands for Mom I'd Like To Falafel). This person appeared to stop their search and hang around here for 13 minutes and some change.
Yes, I managed to entertain someone enough that they stopped hunting for porn. How many Pulitzer Prize winners can claim that? In your face, Cormac McCarthy! New media rulz!!!
On to today’s list: Why are we still blogging?
10) Part of ongoing experiment to see if novel will write itself.
9) The Onion has yet to recognize our brilliance/existence.
8) Offers ability to report without inconvenient need for accuracy or pants.
7) Site Meter is the new mood ring.
6) Need a cover story for excessive giggling to self.
5) Enjoy being able to work hard on something we love while sitting in cubicle.
4) One of the only growth areas left in the highly competitive Top Ten List field.
3) Hoping that repeated posting of the word assfucking will also land us a gig at Time.
2) Allows us to make new friends without leaving the bell tower or encountering pitchfork-wielding mobs.
1) (Tie) Only thing that keeps head from exploding due to excessive cognitive dissonance produced by the knuckledragging asshats in charge. / We are comment whores.