Monday, August 07, 2006

Mel Gibson Cancels Film Production of “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion”

Gibson nailed to the cross for anti-Jewish comments; claims he is not a Hollywood denier

HOLLYWOOD - Mel Gibson announced he was cancelling production of a movie version of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, after the actor/director received harsh criticism for allegedly anti-Semitic remarks.

During an Access Hollywood interview, Gibson was asked about the controversial project and whether it was anti-Semitic. An incoherent and apparently intoxicated Gibson appeared let loose an expletive-ridden tirade.

“See, it’s okay for (expletive) Jewey McJew of Jewimax Pictures to greenlight a movie that says Catholics are conspiring with Albinos to make Jesus a whoremonger. But if I say Jews are bent on world domination, somehow I’m the bad guy. Well, listen here, sugar tits: I'm going to slap some Gibson pork in the smug face of Hymiewood and out-Da Vinci Code those (expletive) Christ-killers.”

The outburst created a firestorm of criticism. “What a schmuck,” said Abe Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League.

Actor Billy Crystal said, “I haven't been this angry since I paid full price to see Lethal Weapon 4.”

Gibson received criticism when he announced the project last year. Created in the late nineteenth century, "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" is a document that portrays a worldwide Zionist conspiracy. Passed off as legitimate, it has been used to justify anti-Semitism worldwide, but has been proven to be a fabrication and hoax.

In Gibson’s movie version, a researcher discovers that the Protocols are real and that the hoax is actually part of the Zionist conspiracy, aided and abetted by Jewish figures in the United Nations, the White House, the media, financial industries, universities, carnival workers, Jiffy Lube, Krispy Kreme, the Boston Red Sox, and the Vatican. Gibson wrote the screenplay based on a story treatment by his father, Hutton Gibson.

The film was to star Richard Dreyfuss, Albert Brooks, Natalie Portman, Fran Drescher, Adam Goldberg, and Abe Vigoda.

After the public outcry, Gibson immediately checked into the Betty Ford clinic. The actor released a statement of apology. “I wish to apologize for my actions. Taken out of context, my words appear to condemn Jews for killing our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ—which, I might add, they did.

“But the truth is, I have long been suffering from whip-it addiction that has severely altered my judgment. The day of the interview, I had sucked the nitrous out of two dozen Redi-Whip cans. I was completely high and my mind was spinning like one of those Jew tops.”

To prove his sincerity “to the ticket-buying public and the Hebrew studio heads,” Gibson announced that he was canceling the Protocols production and starting a new production: Turner and Hymen, a buddy action film about two FBI agents, a Vatican-denying Catholic and a pro-Israel Jew. The two men struggle with the differences of their faiths until they learn to unite toward a common cause: killing Muslims.

2 comments:

Brando said...

There will be a vacation post later, I need to get a photo to post from one of my fellow vacationers.

I am furious with Gibson for ruining The Road Warrior for me. Now when I watch it, I want Mad Max to lose.

His father is a real nutcase, and clearly the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Michael Bains said...

Well it's good to hear he's workin' on Uniting folk now, instead all that divisiveness.

{-;

Great write-up! I've written a couple of these, but have yet to post one cuz I've always felt that I've gone "too far". Enjoyed it muchly.