Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: What are we doing for Valentine's Day?

Special extended love you long time edition!

14) Handing our true love a Valentine made out of the restraining order.

13) Asking the representative at 1-800-FLOWERS if they have same-day shipping on baskets of actual broken hearts.

12) Deregulating all of Callista’s activities during alone time even when we use our safe word, “Alinksy.”

11) Grabbing the Hitatchi Magic Wand and an electronic cigarette.

10) Opening a bottle of wine, playing some Carly Simon, getting our sewing needle, spreading out the surveillance photos, and going to town on the voodoo doll.

9) Treating our significant other like the pool boy/au pair.

8) Showing off our extensive collection of half-eaten Valentine’s Day candy on a special episode of Hoarders.

7) Trying out that K-Y stuff before getting kicked out of Target.

6) Going to a restaurant by ourselves, pretending to take a call that our date was killed, and getting a free meal and/or pity sex.

5) Including some sweetheart candies along with the bottle of lotion before lowering the bucket into the well.

4) Sending our spouse a very romantic text message.

3) Throwing steamed milk on every happy couple we serve at Starbucks while yelling, “Now you know what true love really feels like!”

2) Getting Boehner’d without birth control.

1) Wait, it’s Valentine’s Day? Fuck!

14 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

number one.

Fight the Hallmark-Industrial Complex, man!

Brando said...

It is the official position of TLB/Brando International that marriage automatically opts one out of Valentine's Day. Although I am making dinner for TLB tonight, which may either be seen as an expression of affection or assault with a deadly chicken.

Brando said...

Also, I finally got off my ass and made some much-needed additions to the blog roll, while also removing some clearly defunct entries as well. I now link to the correct zombie home.

fish said...

17b) Spend night in county emergency room after trying to finish box of candy purchased at Costco.

Jennifer said...

There's a correct zombie??

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I now link to the correct zombie home.

FOR

NOW.

~

Brando said...

He will probably shamble back to Blogger next week.

Substance McGravitas said...

4) Sending our spouse a very romantic text message.

I LUV U LOOSR ROFL

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I now link to the correct zombie home.


I AM a little surprised nobody has found my new blog yet.

Chuckles said...

I somehow convinced myself that Valentine's Day was on Thursday. So...number 1 for me, too.

Effing great.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

13) Asking the representative at 1-800-FLOWERS if they have same-day shipping on baskets of actual broken hearts.

I think you need to call 1-800-MEAT for that.

Vonnie said...

Get out of my head!!

Vonnie said...

Zom
for
now

Vonnie said...

I'd like a #13 please.