- Met three blog friends and
plotted the takover of teh Internetswound up joking and drinking like we were old friends by night's end. The Internet--it's not just for boobies and cute animal photos with snarky captions. It's also a mechanism for meeting cool new people for completely nonsexual reasons.
- Had a conversation with friends about how much of one's penis has to penetrate for sex or "intercourse" to take place officially. My answer: 50% or more. The penis can only count in whole amounts. And yes, I've given TLB an excellent set up for a comment joke.
- Realized I was completely, utterly, bat-shittingly wrong about The Minutemen. I watched the documentary on them, We Jam Econo, with my friend Bob. It was like the scales fell from my eyes while pogoing to Damascus. I've been playing Double Nickels on the Dime religiously all week.
- Realized I was almost as wrong about The Simpsons Movie before I saw it. I thought it was going to be an aimless gag fest like the show has been the last few seasons. Let's just say they brought their A-game. Dianosis: hilarious!
- Enjoyed Bob singing to his son every night, so much that I am thinking about having him podcast it for me.
- Enjoyed the five-star accommodations Bob and SER provided while we were inter-moving refugees. We arrived to find not only that we had our own bathroom adjacent to our bedroom, but also robes and bottled water wating for us in said bathroom. We cannot thank them enough for putting us up and making our transient status so wonderful.
- Felt very sad to leave Iowa City. I thought about writing a long, probably overly sentimental post about leaving. But I realized that I could sum up how I felt pretty quickly: it's the most fun I've ever had anywhere. The friends we made and the experiences we had were life-changing. Leaving was tough, but leaving will never change what we got out of living there.
- Realized that even though I hated to leave, I was excited to embark on a new adventure with TLB. We are a team, and this move is great for her, which makes it great for me.
So that's it. We're setting up shop and moving onto Chapter 8 of the TLB/Brando story. As much as we loved Chapter 7, we have to keep turning pages to finish the whole thing.
And besides, I think Chapter 8 is when the threesome finally happens!