10) When we were told the poor didn't have the means to evacuate, we thought they meant "in style."
9) Media's early stories about potential levee breaks were just liberal bias.
8) I tried to run back to Washington as fast as I could, but I had blisters from my new heels.
7) Figured the underprivileged would enjoy the free upgrade to refugee status.
6) I didn’t see the people in the convention center because Katrina’s gales blew my head up my ass.
5) We have very little experience dealing with roving bands of armed individuals in a chaotic urban situation.
4) Look, taking care of the poor, tired, and huddled masses is her job.
3) You try coming up with a coherent evacuation plan after five weeks of vacation.
2) Mistakenly assumed that whites would do the honorable thing and also evacuate their servents.
1) Don't blame me, I learned how to respond to these things from my dad.