10) Acknowledging Oscar the Grouch's influence on the American Teabag Movement.
9) Giving The Count a supporting role in the next one…two…three Twilight movies, ah ah ah.
8) Taking Snuffleupagus to the salon for a good Muppetscaping.
7) Raising money Grover needs for counseling after realizing he is the monster at the end of the book.
6) Alleviating Big Bird’s midlife crisis by replacing his old nest with a new Porsche.
5) Declaring a National Talk Like a Yip-Yip Day.
4) Taking Elmo to the Champagne Room for the tickling of his life.
3) Vowing to not stop pushing until Ernie and Bert can legally wed.
2) Giving Cookie Monster a lifetime supply of insulin.
1) Commemorating 40 years of intelligent, groundbreaking, unforgettable children’s programming—programming that taught us how to count, remember our ABCs, use our imaginations, share with others, and be better people…programming so timeless that our children love it as much as we did when we were children—by making a bunch of low-brow jokes about the Muppets.